5.9.07

Streams of Living Water

This month I hit the half-way mark. I know...crazy, eh? God has been teaching me so much these days. While I was sick, He taught me patience and that this year is just as much about my spiritual growth as it is for the kids I'm working with. A few weeks ago, I was challenged to change my thinking. I had been praying since I came here, "God, show me what you want me to do here. Help me to do great things for You - to do the impossible. Show me how I can be greatest impact to these kids!" I thought that these were genuine requests. Well, the Holy Spirit revealed to me that I had to stop being so self-centered in thinking that this time is about me and what I can do. I was asking God to make me do great things for Him, but He showed me that I need to let Sarah die and let Him do His work using me if needed. I know that I cannot put the revelation into words that will do it justice, but it has been a turning point for me.
I read "My Utmost for His Highest" before going to bed, and the last few nights the words "streams of living water" have been repeated and have resonated within me. I pray that I can be God's vessel, pouring out the streams of living water. To be used by Him to fulfill His purposes. To be a channel of His living water, not the source.

1 comment:

Daniel and Joyce said...

Wow Sarah what an awesome lesson to learn! Thanks for sharing. I know I do the same thing and can't seem to break my self-thinking pattern.

I miss you tonnes and I'm glad you're halfway. I don't want to wish your time away there, I really don't, and I've stopped myself from saying this so many times but I'll say it now: I can't wait til you're back. You're such an important part of our lives back here at home and we feel your absence. I know it seems like Daniel never tries to contact you but I'm the audible witness that he prays for you every day.
oh sarah, we love you.
let me know if there's anything more than our prayers that we can do for you over here.
please continue to pray for us.
Be strong in the Lord :)
Joyce.